Because we believe cask conditioned real ale is such a wonderful and undervalued part of the New Zealands craft beer scene we have decided to promote it in two ways...
1. We have commited to continually offering a real ale guest tap at our bar - we have been through the entire Galbraiths (Auckland) range - right now the Pacifica IPA is on and is tasting really good. Coming soon is Townshend (Nelson) Sutton Hoo, Guppy's Hammer and Last of Summer Wet Hopped Ale from Townsend breweries in Nelson. We also have Three Boys Oyster Stout at the moment because it's delicious and it's that time of year.
2. There are only a handful of bars in this country set up to sell proper cask conditioned real ale out of firkins and it would be a wasted opportunity for us not to present the small number of breweries that brew real ale.
We are selling our award winning real ale (Milk Stout, Best Bitter and Alchemist Pale ale) at these great beer appreciating outlets:
1. Christchurch (always available) - Port Hole Bar in Lyttelton, Volstead in Riccarton, The Dark Room in the city and Gorilla in Ferrymead
2. Wellington (sometimes available) - Tap Hause, Bru Hause, Hashigo Zake, Bar Edward (Newtown), The Malthouse, and the Hop Garden.
3. Dunedin (sometimes available) - Albar, Eureka and Portsider in Port Chalmers.
4. Nelson (sometimes available) - The Free House and The Moutere Inn.